Water Soluble Weld Purge Film®
For the manufacture of water soluble pipe purging dams, Argweld® Weld Purge Film® and Argweld® Super Weld Purge Adhesive® is an easy and cost effective solution.
The use of water soluble film for manufacture of purging dams is well proven and the Argweld® Water Soluble Weld Purge Film® gives superior results over all other water soluble products. It can be used for stainless, duplex and chrome steels as well as titanium.
The Argweld® Water Soluble Weld Purge Film® and Argweld® Super Weld Purge Adhesive® material makes dams which produce an impenetrable purge barrier but which can easily be washed away when hydrostatically testing the pipe or just by normal wash out.
It dissolves away completely without leaving any fibres to clog up filters or other sensitive parts in a system and it is strong in all directions so that it can maintain a good, leak tight gas barrier throughout the purging process.
Trace element certification can be provided to show that Argweld® Water Soluble Weld Purge Film® does not contain any harmful elements and that the quantity of halides is well below the permissible levels. The film and adhesive are completely biodegradable and all packaging materials are recyclable.
- Where Mechanical Purging Devices cannot be retrieved.
- See the weld root clearly by using Argweld® Water Soluble Weld Purge Film®
- Argweld® Water Soluble Weld Purge Film® can be used up to 300˚C (572˚F) without the material burning and losing the weld purge
- Make tough impenetrable weld purge dams with Argweld® Water Soluble Weld Purge Film® and Argweld® Water Soluble Super Adhesive®
- No more dams coming loose and lost purge gas during welding
- Approved for use in nuclear environments
- Significantly lower priced than other water soluble materials
- The Argweld® Water Soluble Weld Purge Film® has been designed and developed by Huntingdon Fusion Techniques HFT® as a complete kit
- Each kit is supplied ready for use containing 20 square meters (215 square feet) of Argweld® Water Soluble Weld Purge Film®, two bottles of Argweld® Super Weld Purge Adhesive®, a Safety Knife for cutting out the dams and a user instruction manual
A video presentation giving instructions on 'how to use' is also available.
Other weld Purging Products
PurgElite® Inflatable Tube and Pipe Weld Purging Systems.
The Argweld® Inflatable Tube and Pipe Weld Purging Systems are twin dam systems for creating a purge volume in all pipe and fitting sizes of 1” - 24” diameter (25 mm - 2000 mm).
The systems isolate a 10" length either side of the weld and allow quality, fast purging of the interspace and easy withdrawal afterwards.
Argweld® Flexible Welding Enclosures®
The Argweld® range of Flexible Welding Enclosures® has been designed for the applications where a rigid chamber may not be economically viable.
Typical applications include the occasional and production welding of titanium components for the aerospace, medical and sports car industries and for the welding of stainless steel components to eliminate the expensive cleaning of oxide discolouration.
Apart from the standard models, special enclosures can be designed and manufactured very quickly to suit all applications. Experience is available for nuclear and chemical industry applications for the handling of a wide range of products and materials and now for Wire plus Arc Additive Manufacturing (WAAM).
Argweld® QuickPurge® Inflatable Tube, Pipe and Pipeline Weld Purging Systems
The Argweld® Inflatable Tube and Pipe Weld Purging Systems are twin dam systems for creating a purge volume in all pipe and fitting sizes of 6” - 88” diameter (152 mm - 2235 mm).
Argweld® PurgEye® 100 IP65 Dustproof and Waterproof Weld Purge Monitors®
The PurgEye® 100 IP65 Weld Purge Monitor® measures the oxygen percentage content in the purge gas and indicates when welding can be carried out. This saves dramatically on waiting time and ensures that no oxygen can enter the weld zone while the metal is still hot.